Monday, June 2, 2008

ok, people, people, people! the first fruit (which is actually the one i put on last) is a blue plum; the one at the northwest corner of our house by the garage. the building which morgan mistook for a 'cabin' would be tessie's house. i thought someone would recognize that. the second fruit, as shelley guessed, is a peach and the shot looks north into my garden. the third fruit is a sweet cherry and the fourth is a pear. i didn't put in any apples or apricots because they are too common. what shall i put on next for you to figure out? by the way thanks for playing, it makes me feel not totally ignored.

5 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

I thought it might be a pear, but I don't really know how pears grow, considering there are not any here in Ashton. i wondered about the plum too, but I thought it was qan italian plum. I didn't know you had blue plums, which reminds me of an incident John and I had involving blue plum juice, lime kool-aid and a tractor. Sooo funny.

Stacy said...

I wish I had your yard or Shelley's either one would do. I need more space!

Jennifer said...

I knew that was the back of Tessie's house and thought that must be the plum tree but I didn't bother to comment.

The Schauerhamers said...

I know I know. Sara pointed out that that was the Thomas' house. My bad. Boy do I feel stupid!

Alan and Shelley said...

Here's the story. You may have been to college when this happened. Dad wanted John and me to disc out at the Hans Larson place, i'm thinking april or May? Anyway, what I do remember is that it was a hot day, must have been a Saturday. Mom made us a cooling refreshment of blue plum juice mixed with lime kool-aid and put it in that old thermos to take with us. We started to disc, and soon we thought we would have a drink, and then another and another. Well, pretty soon, we could only make up and down the field once before we had to run off to the bushes and relieve ourselves. We soon figured out one of us was going to have to drive while the other headed for the bushes or we weren't going to get much work done. John would take a turn, while I drove, and then John would drive and I would run to the bushes. We were in a constant running, drinking, driving cycle that didn't end until dad came and got us and took us home. When we told mom and dad what had happened, they laughed so hard at us our predicament, I thought mom was going to have a cow. She hadn't thought about the effects of blue plum juice and a hot day. It's a funny story and from that day on I have always thought twice about dad's blue plum juice.