a.a. called me sometime in early december. part way through our usual desultory conversation this exchange took place:
aa: so, did you get that email from stacy?
me: what email from stacy, i don't recall getting an email from stacy.
aa: you know, she wants us all to write our memories of someone so she can give them a memory book
for christmas.
me: nope, i didn't get that email yet. who did she want us to write about?
aa: i can't remember.
me: i wonder whose name they had for christmas.
aa: i'll have to look at that email to see who we're supposed to write about.
me: yeah, and then tell me. i have john and rebecca, i'm trying to figure out what to get them for
christmas. it's so hard, everybody has every thing. a memory book is a good idea. i wonder
why stacy didn't email me.
aa: uh... um... uh oh.
me: what?
aa: uh, now that i think about it, i think it was you.
me: me?
aa: yeah, i'm pretty sure it was you... (laughing) hey, you're going to have to act surprised when you get
this on christmas.
me: yep. you're kind of a dope aa. reminds me of me.
aa. yep.
so, here are just the first few pages of the book about which aa spilled the beans. thanks for such a beautiful book. i know whitney was a big help. she told me she and banner sustained overuse injuries to their hands from punching all the holes. thanks again, we really appreciate it.
this is just a picture of something i was inspired to make after seeing similar items online.
added bonus, another funny story:
at work yesterday i was on my way down the hall to take care of something when a lady in the dining room called to me and asked for help. i asked her what she needed but she couldn't really think of anything. this often happens at work. people want something that they can't really explain or maybe they just want someone to stand there and talk to them. anyway, i said, "hey, i'm on my way to take care of something, but i will tell an aide you want help as soon as i see one", and turned to walk away. as i did, i heard her say in a loud and disgusted voice, "well, that's just the LAST of the MOHICANS!"



2 comments:
I need to hear funny stories like these everyday of the week. Both conversations were too hysterical!
Thanks for posting your funny stories. Alan and I both got a good laugh reading about your conversation with aa. So did you act surprised. Actually some of my other stories didn't make it into the book, and I'm sorry. I got side tracked one day and never finished all I was going to write. I didn't know when the deadline was, but now I know I could have got them in, because I think aa was still writing on the 23rd. Oh well, when I think of all of them I will write them down and you can insert them into your book. One was about our trip to the Manti temple with dad but i needed your help to remember it. Do you remember it better than me?
Post a Comment