well, i finally got to sunday evening. we have had an eventful and fun filled weekend. leslie and miranda both came home, plus it was stake conference: the culmination of many weeks of choir practise for our stake choir. i conducted and jenny accompanied the choir. we sang 'the king of love my shepherd is' last night at the adult session. after we finished jenny said she never wanted to see that music again. i guess the organ part was kind of hard, but i wasn't thinking about that when i chose it. it couldn't have been any more difficult than the perilously high soprano part. i twisted leslie's arm to come and sing with us to round out our somewhat sparse soprano section. we would appear to have had plenty of sopranoes, but very few of them sang very loud or very high, so i certainly appreciated her willingness to help me out, and i could hear a big difference with her sweet voice added. she even sat through practise and a two hour meeting that felt like four hours last night. then, this morning we sang 'the morning breaks the shadows flee' and 'my shepherd will supply my need' and they both turned out so well. i have a love/hate feeling about conducting stake choirs. i love the actual practise and production of the music, but getting people to come, arranging practise and figuring out all the logistics is not my cup of tea. i'm glad to have it over with so dennis and i can relax on sunday nights. dennis is always a good sport and comes and sings in whichever men's section needs him the most. this year he sang tenor.
we also did some quilting this weekend on miranda's quilt. it's fun, but a little stressful since we want to be able to do it much better than we're able to at this time. this quilt will have it's own homey charm and i hope miranda enjoys it for years to come.
now everyone has left and dennis and i are back to quietness. waving goodbye to leslie and she drove away left us a little sad and lonely, but before we know it it will be thanksgiving and the house will be full again. we'll see you all (mostly) then.
Guatemala
11 years ago



4 comments:
I am so glad to see an updated post to know what is going on in your lives. I am glad that the stake choir events went well. It is always a relief to have those big things over with. I am thinking that Morgan, Leah and I and maybe another tot or two will be coming down the weekend before Thanksgiving. Fun, huh! Also I am hearing that Johns family is not going to make it down for any of Thanksgiving, but Noah and his girlfriend are planning on joining the festivities. Just so you know. I am reserving Leslie's room since it looks like I might have a chance of actually staying in it.
Glad to see your new post. The choirs that you lead always sound so good, but I completely understand what hassle it can be to get everyone together and all organized. I'm glad that is over for you and you can just concentrate on all the other things you are trying to get done.
It is so nice to have these big days over and done. I'm glad it turned out so well for you. I would never be able to do anything like what you and Jenny do with choirs. Our Primary program was yesterday, and it went perfectly after a disastrous practice on Friday afternoon. We were all feeling pretty low, but then Sunday came and it was if our crazy children turned into angels. I saw lots of teary-eyed parents and our bishop was choked up and the stake primary president was beaming. It was wonderful. My couselor, Julie, wrote the program and she did a fantastic job. I'm sure she went home after church and crashed. I did for a few hours, and then we went to our second baptism for the week-end. We will have another baptism in two weeks. What a wonderful time of life - turning 8 years old and getting baptized. Its nice to have these times come and then go.
I can't wait to see you all and be down for Thanksgiving. It has been a while, so we are so excited. The kids are counting down.
Post a Comment