
so yesterday, august 18 2008, was our thirtieth wedding anniversary. that's quite a milestone if i do say so myself. i was too lazy to scan old wedding photos, so i'm making do with some i found already in the computer. i think this was taken on a trip to southern utah a few years ago. we've both filled out some as you see.

this picture is dennis in the mission field. look how cute he is.

this is me the christmas of 1980, wearing a smock because i was seven months pregnant with ben. the location is our first home, the trailer. aunt carol's china cupboard is behind me and on the table is the tablecloth that shelley made for us and which i still have.

this is ben's first halloween. i had just got my first sewing machine, the viking, so i made this zorro costume for ben. the leather coat of dennis' matched one for me; we still have them though, of course we can't squeeze into them. we gave them to each other for christmas two years earlier. i bought his first, then he went up with grandpa to provo and bought mine the same day they delivered a litter of pigs in the zcmi parking lot.

this is dennis now, doing what he does best: seeing that people are well fed. that is why we no longer fit into our leather coats. he is compulsive about this as we all can attest. i am not good at getting pictures onto posts in any sort of rational order and i'm afraid if i put more on now they will go before these instead of after, so i'm going to quit now.
4 comments:
I loved the pictures, but more I loved how the memories came flooding back into my mind. I didn't know that the leather coats were associated with the baby pigs born at the mall parking lot. What a silly memory. You've had some strangely wonderful things happen in your married life. Thirty years, Yahoo and congratulations. By the way I made your apple dumplings for the Elders and they loved them.
Congratulations two days ago. Thirty years is a good long time. You have some good pictures, and I'm glad you shared them. the picure of you in your smock you can't tell you were pregnant, although I remember when I saw some pictures of you when you were pregnant that got sent to me on my mission, I thought that your face was really puffy. Now I look at those pictures and I think how young and energetic you both looked. Thirty years is good, but it sure does change us too. All for the better.
Happy Anniversary! Mine is in three days. So the traditional post is in order.
I remember the day that you got married. I remember being very excited to be involved in the first wedding in the family. I too remember the leather jackets. What is funny is you have kept them. What could you do with them? Could you make a leather coat quilt. Not very practical though.
Post a Comment